Our jewellery is made to a high standard. It can last a lifetime if you take good care of it. It is however inevitable that jewellery will become worn and tarnish, as all metals will react to oxygen and the acids from your skin.
- Always take off your jewellery before going to bed or going to the gym.
- Remove your jewellery before showering, washing your hands or when you’re cleaning the house.
- It’s generally a good idea to store your jewellery in an airtight container or ziplock bag. It’ll keep your jewellery looking pristine longer.
- Keep your jewellery away from direct contact with skin care, perfume and other beauty products. Especially hair spray and sunscreen. Follow the routine of putting on your jewellery as the final thing in the morning and taking it off as the first thing before going to bed.
- Gold plating can and will wear off over time. It’s unfortunately inevitable, but follow the general guidelines and it’ll will prolong the lifespan of it. If your piece of jewellery needs re-plating, we offer this as a service on most of our own jewellery for a nominal fee.
- If your jewellery is starting to look dull or starting to discolour, simply mix a few drops of mild soap with warm water and rub the jewellery with a soft cloth. Rinse in cold water and buff it with a soft cloth. This only applies for jewellery in sterling (not gold plated) and solid gold.